Once a person is ready to go for treatment for drug addiction or abuse, it may feel overwhelming to find a drug rehab center where you can get much-needed help. Visit Total Rehab for a good rehabilitation center.
There are various options and choices one needs to make, and in many instances, you may not know where to start. What is more, it will take a lot of your time, be costly, and would require a considerable amount of effort that tends to make many nervous and reluctant to get help.
It is of tremendous benefit, knowing what options are available to you. The ability to source a proper drug rehab facility and rehabilitation program for your particular needs will make all the difference in accomplishing as well as sustaining adequate recovery.
It is a case of knowing what to look for and where to look that will ensure you locate the right facilities, obtain the necessary support, and start your journey to recovery.
You need to fully recognize that you have a problem before taking the first step to getting help for your drug addiction. It might sound simple enough. However, many individuals do not want to admit they see their abuse of drugs as a big issue.
Did you know that over 21 million people were estimated to struggle with substance use that required treatment as reported by NSDUH (National Survey on Drug Use and Health) in 2014? Unfortunately, only 1% of these individuals got treatment at a unique facility.
Look out for the following signs which can be an indication that an individual has drug abuse issues:
- When someone uses drugs quite often and in higher doses for way longer than they intended to do.
- Not participating in wholesome activities that were enjoyable before.
- Not able to keep up with responsibilities at school, home or at work.
- Struggle in keeping a relationship going because of drug use.
- Hiding the use of substances from other people.
- Stealing drugs or running out of their prescription drugs too quickly.
Also, if the individual feels they cannot function without making use of the substance, or they are subjected to withdrawal symptoms once the drug is stopped. If this is the situation, then you need to seek addiction treatment or medical detox.
The Rehab Process
Halting your current use of drugs is not the only mission of a drug rehab San Clemente. Addiction treatment is also in place to get the individual to comprehend what leads one to continued addiction and abuse. It is a case of assisting the person to identify as well as keep the triggers in check that result in cravings and finding ways to avoid the next relapse that would lead to drug abuse.
The process is offered in various environments and using multiple approaches.
The opportunity to recover is enhanced should the drug rehab program consist of some of the following necessary criteria:
- Medical detox to aid the withdrawal symptoms associated with cravings.
- A diagnosis that would support an individual’s unique treatment requirements.
- Behavioral therapy to help control cravings and what triggers it.
- Family therapy to boost social support systems and minimize triggering behaviors.
- Drug abuse education and demonstrating the effects on others
- Therapies of a motivational nature to assist the person concerned to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare to facilitate the transition of the person into day-to-day life.
When you get into contact with various San Clemente drug rehab programs, it will be of benefit to the person concerned to ask if the elements mentioned above form part of their program. Some of their schedules are not as comprehensive and may prove unhelpful to get the person back on track.
What You Need to Look for in a San Clemente Treatment Facility?
Mostly, what you need is a researched-based treatment facility to help the affected person achieve a positive outcome.
NIDA offers a list of questions one can ask when you get in touch with various treatment centers and drug rehab programs to ensure the best possible outcome.
The questions will ensure that the facility is:
- Making use of research-based treatments
- Offer tailor made treatments geared toward the specific needs of the individual.
- Provide a program that will be long enough to achieve the desired results.
- Incorporate a 12-step or alternative peer support element.
All of these have been shown to result in long-term recovery from drug addiction or drug abuse.